Dakotas America is a rural CDE with a national service area, formed in 2005 to serve distressed areas of the US that lacked access to NMTCs. We bring NMTC use to some of the most isolated, distressed and under-served areas of the US, including remote and distressed Native American reservations, the Appalachians, mountainous rural areas of the Pacific Northwest, the distressed Deep South and the most isolated areas of the High Plains. We have used allocations in minor urban areas underserved by the NMTC program that exhibit some of our country’s greatest challenges.
Dakotas America seeks to promote job growth in areas with few opportunities and focus on starting or growing manufacturing enterprises that are rural economic engines. Our priorities include community service facilities and health care and education initiatives that create immediate high quality jobs and community benefits essential for successful long-term economic sustainability.
A history of success with the New Markets Tax Credit program
Dakotas America has received six NMTC allocation awards totaling $400 million.
The Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI) Fund awarded New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) allocations to Dakotas America to stimulate private sector investment for economic growth and job creation in distressed communities.
- $70 million in the 2018 round
- $75 million in the 2017 round
- $65 million in the 2014 round
- $60 million in the 2012 round
- $80 million in the 2008 round
- $50 million in the 2006 round
A total of 32 projects totaling $385 million in investments across the United States have created...
- 5,015+ quality jobs created or supported
- 372,000+ patients have received vital health care services
- 12,600+ students have received improved educational opportunities
- 2,356,600+ square feet of real estate constructed or rehabilitated
- 60,000+ people accessing fresh, healthy food annually
- 800+ medical students projected to serve in rural communities across the U.S.
People who care about Community economic opportunity
Dakotas America is led by an experienced team with a history of working for economic success in their own communities and others across the country. From the Management Team to our Advisory Board and Governing Board, our expertise with New Market Tax Credit projects ensures a high level of professionalism and adherence to the purpose and mission of the NMTC program.
Dakotas America offers economic opportunity for
distressed and low income communities.